- SACCA also does rapid reintegration for the children who need rapid reintegration for going back home. When children are brought in from the street they are prepared for reintegration by being taken to rehabilitation center (SACCA) they are taken to schools, given food shelter and sanitation, love and care, among other things.
- Staff at SACCA always try to find out why the child is leaving home a social worker sits with the child, to understand why they left home, then a profile is made, all the information is compiled and the problems spots are identified.
Children are requested and encouraged to go to local schools with other children at the center. They are encouraged to see school as a door-opening opportunity for the future, and the important and relevance of school
- We do formal and informal education informal involves giving talks like ‘love your family’ where children are encouraged to think about the family and the importance of the family, for reintegration.
- Children are taken to hospital or health center and given medical checks as part of the process to ensure health and physical well-being nurses also come to the centre from time to time to do regular check-ups on the girls. SACCA pays for all medication needed and helps children apply for national health insurance
- Through profiling the children we are able to find out what the root of the problem is and why a child may have ended up on the streets, after 2 months a profile review is done to see if the information is consistent or new updates that the child is comfortable to share.
- During home-visits SACCA social worker will accompany a child back to their home then bring them back to the center, the social worker returns back to the family alone to communicate with the family and iron out issues, children slowly start going back home during holidays or weekends with supervision from the social worker, when good relationship is well developed, a child may voluntary asked to go home or a social work & psychologist will contact parents for reintegration and it is done in presence of local leaders.